Monday, January 3, 2011

Bringing in the New Year

We had a very relaxing a lazy weekend bringing in the new year.  We didn't get out of our pajamas until after lunch...pretty much everyday this weekend. It was awesome! 
We are all feeling a little under the weather; runny noses, coughs, tired so we did a lot of hanging out at home.
                                           I taught Wes how to play Hungry Hungry Hippos.



He busted out his new Buzz Lightyear get up he got for Christmas and spent the afternoon shooting various members of my family with Lasers.



For New Years Eve went we over to friends house for a family friendly party. I am pretty sure the kids out numbered the adults in the house. Izzy feel asleep and slept through the whole party. Wes played very hard. Jen, our hostess, had made cupcakes for the kids to decorate. Wes' favorite color is green, this week anyways, so he chose green frosting.

In Wes world, the cake is useless and gets in the way of the good part....the frosting. He managed to glob a crazy amount of frosting onto his cupcake, cover it in sprinkles, and lick every smudge of frosting off the cupcake and left the whole cupcake for the trash. He offered the spit covered cake to me but I politely declined. This year Wes actually made it to midnight. 

I've been thinking about my resolution for 2011. At this point I am not willing to commit, but I am going to make the commitment today...I'll let ya know tomorrow what I decide.

2 comments:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Happy 2011!

I FB'ed you about yoru SF marathon. Give me details!

Or, maybe I should try the Des moines marathon or another awesome destination in the fall and we can meet up!

Nikki Kendall said...

Nike Womens in San Fran is Oct. 16 2011. Im doing it with Team in Training. I heard through the grapevine that the race gets full right away and you have to do a lottery...if might want to check that out ASAP. Nike is usually the same weekend as Des Moines too!