Thursday, January 13, 2011

Inspired by Art

I got inspired by Pepe to think about art today, so I thought I would show off my own art..or at least one of my artworks.
I got this tattoo after Eric, my youngest son, died. He was only 15 months old when we lost him.
The lotus flower, according to Buddhist thought, represents the perseverance to survive a dark place and make it to the light as well as the strength of family bond, the red of the flower represents love and compassion. The symbols blossoming from the flowers are Eric and Wes's zodiac symbols. The symbol in the center is the symbol for "Zen" which is the Buddhist philosophy I most closely associate myself with as far as religion goes...I got that part of the tattoo when I was 19 years old so it is a little more faded than the rest of the piece...OK, maybe a lot more faded. This picture doesn't do the color of the tattoo any justice, it has very bright, vivid colors.

Any blogger buddies all inked up and wanna share?

2 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

I'm so sorry about your son.
The artwork is beautiful.

I don't have any to share. I may end up being the only person on earth that doesn't have a tattoo. It's not that I don't want one...I've just never got around to doing it.

Pepe Le Pew said...

I'm confused. You put on my blog about how you're getting more modest but then you're showing off body parts on your blog. Lower back? Mixed signals.

Just kidding about all that, however I really loved the story of the tattoo. It's nice to see one that has a real meaning to it.