Thursday, January 27, 2011

 Last night, I taught my spin class like usual. I decided to make it a climb heavy day. Lots of resistance loading! We went out to dinner afterwards, with me all sweaty...I wore all black so you really couldn't tell but rolling into a restaurant in workout gear is always a little odd. By the time I got home, my legs were so tired! I completely zapped myself of all energy. I sent a text to my buddy who takes my class asking if she felt the same way....her reply...."I'm drained"....."you should do that again". I'm glad it was a good class! I'm glad I worked hard. I feel bad for my husband when I got to bed before 10pm!!



Today was a hills day for my run training.
So, I did a slightly slow pace but did some long hills. I would do .5 a mile at
1% incline and then do .25 a mile at 4% incline. I repeated this for a total
of 3 miles. I was winded. I kicked my own ass the last 2 days in the gym.
I suppose this is a good thing that I keep pushing myself but DAMN...I am
tired!
 
Any fellow runners/athletes/active peeps who read my blog....
 
Do you prefer hills or speed work?
Do you cross train...if so what do you do?
What events are on the horizon for you?

Looking forward to your responses!!

3 comments:

Pepe Le Pew said...

I prefer the couch, chips and the TV remote.

Nikki Kendall said...

I am a fan of chips myself!

Pepe Le Pew said...

Don't patronize me. You may like chips but don't act like you're a regular person. With all of the running you do, I bet you could bounce a quarter off of your ass without missing a step on the treadmill.
Thanks to you I have been shopping for a good local gym. You're kind of a bad influence.