Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dead Weight

When I woke up this morning, I became acutely aware of the fact that yesterday was the first time I had lifted weights in a while. My normal routine of Monday being a strength day had fallen wayside. Well today I noticed the consequences of my actions. I woke up with tired muscles, then when I hopped in the pool to swim....that was a whole other story. My arms felt like dead weight in the water....McFlabby Arms. I managed to swim about 20 minutes, but it was a tough one today! I managed to rip my swim cap too.  Sigh.

Wes has swim lessons tonight which are always fun to watch. Kids always have so much fun in the pool, Wes is also a very animated child which makes things even more fun to watch. He teachers at preschool always tell me how sweet he is and then immediately follow up with how silly he is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya!! My upper body is WEAK!!! Swimming is great though!