Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Barefoot day at the gym

Today was a barefoot day at the gym, well sock day anyways. I wasn't brave enough to do a full workout in the vibrams but I did get in some bare foot time. I spent 30minutes on the elliptical and then took off my shoes and hit the floor. I did some calves raises,
 Then I hopped on the Bosu ball and did some squats, balance is important! The kid behind me gave me the strangest look when I took my shoes off.
I finished by jumping side to side over a towel and then front to back over a towel. It's not much, but I think it is a good start. The more I wear my vibrams, the more bare foot time I will add in to my gym routine. I may not have been brave enough to do a full workout in vibrams but I am brave enough to put pictures of myself at 6am, no shower, post workout on the internet.....that's say something :)

1 comment:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Do you follow Barefoot Angie Bee? You should, and she is even in Des Moines!

Check out The Hungry Runner Girl, Janae. her blog is hilarious and she just posted a video about her foam roller. Tell her I sent you! You'll get addicted to her posts!!