Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Weekend!

Here was the picture we used for our Christmas cards this year. The card read "This Is What Jolly Looks Like". I thought it was fitting. We had a very busy weekend...the holidays, adjusting to a baby in the house, family in town. It was a little nuts! I am grateful for the time with family but I am glad to be getting back to my usual routine. I will say that this routine has been significantly altered having "Izzy" around.

He is a good baby, but busy!! Due to his past, he is very concerned about food. I have never seen a 14 month old eat like this. I am hoping as he adjusts to our home and feels more settled, things will calm down for him. We are being very patient and not making any major modifications until he has been around a while. Wes has been so great!! He has taken on a big brother role pretty well and suddenly seems so much older to me. I don't know if it is just seeing him and seeing a baby or if he has actually had a personality change since having "Izzy" in the house. Probably both. Dave and I are consciously making time for just him though and making sure he knows that we think he is doing a good job.

Dave got me some thermo running pants, a tri suit, and a new hydration pack for Christmas! I need to step it up. I do not want to be one of those girls who got the gear and not the game. So it is time to get my game face on and step up the diet and the training! I have slacked these last few weeks, and I can honestly say....I can totally tell! No more Christmas cookies. No more Holiday feasts. I have 4 big events planned for 2011...I am ready to go!

2 comments:

Happy Frog and I said...

Best of luck with everything. 2011 is going to be a very busy year for you!

Pepe Le Pew said...

If the photographer gave my son a giant lollipop, prop or real, he could kiss that good-bye.