Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Things that start with 'N'

Ben is the 5 year old son of some friends of mine and happens to be the coolest kindergartner I know. He's been water skiing for well over a year now, has the lushest head of hair of any boy I have ever seen, and is just an overall good kid. For his homework yesterday, he had to draw something that starts with the letter 'N'. He drew me!!! How cool is that?? Above is the picture of his actual homework, he even spelled my name right! Ben happens to have some pretty cool parents too. They like to run, have a cool boat they let us play on, and enjoy camping with us! I have Ben's mom talked into doing a marathon with me next fall with TEAM In Training out in San Fransisco. So far, we think it's going to be a girls trip that involves a lot of running and probably some tattoos! Fall 2011 is soooo gonna rock!

The results of my PET scan came back negative which is relieving and frustrating all at the same time. I am super glad I don't have cancer but annoyed they don't have answers for me. We went through a lot of this with Eric...we knew exactly what he didn't have but never found out what he did have.  So..I have to go back to the Doctor's next week.

My training season has officially kicked off. I started out with weights on Monday and hit up the elliptical today. I picked up my new inserts from the podiatrist last night and they say it will take 2-4 weeks to get them properly broken in. I am still intending on doing barefoot exercises and hopefully incorporate barefoot running into my world. Ultimately, it may be totally unnecessary to have both vibrams and custom made orthopedic inserts. But the truth is....I am high maintenance and have no patience. Hence owning both vibrams and custom made orthopedic inserts. I justify myself by saying the inserts are making it possible to run without further injury and the vibrams and bare feet and fixing the problem that caused the injury in the first place.

2 comments:

Happy Frog and I said...

I am so relieved to hear the results came back negative but I completely understand your frustration. I hope they get it figured out soon. x

jenni said...

*head tilt* awwws ben made the blog..
and YAY negative - boo results..
get your run on girl!