Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Foster Parents

It is official. We are foster parents. Dave and I took licensing classes this past spring and our home got approved a month or so ago. Last night we picked up "Izzy". He did a great job transitioning to our house last night. He wasn't afraid of the dog, he ate dinner like he was a professional eater...I now how to make 2 boxes of mac-n-cheese, and he went to bed without a peep. He seemed a little dazed and confused when he woke up this morning but not scared or startled.

We knew we could possible get "Izzy" on Sunday. I have to admit I have spent the last 2 days worrying myself sick...literally.  I played the "what if" game over and over in my head. What if he has special needs....What if it is too hard on me to have a baby around after losing Eric....What if he hates it at our house....What if Wes has a hard time having a baby around. WHAT IF????

 I feel so much better after having such a great first night. It is very soothing to hear those baby sounds around the house. Wes seems to really like him too. Wes asked about "Baby Izzy" the first thing when he woke up this morning and wanted "Izzy" to come to school with him. "Izzy" will got to the same daycare/pre-school as Wes, just not until after Christmas. I think this is going to work out just fine!!

4 comments:

Happy Frog and I said...

That is amazingly good news, especially at this time of the year. Congratulations! :-)

Pepe Le Pew said...

That is awesome. I would love to be in a position to open my home to a child in need. You are truely doing God's work.

Wanna Be Iron Mommy said...

Congrats! That is great that you are opening your home, and more importantly, your heart, to "Izzy"
Enjoy!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Congrats Nikki!!