Friday, December 3, 2010

Images

So today I had to have a CT scan of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis. I had an appointment with my Doctor a couple of weeks ago and have some puffy lymph nodes, my blood work came back fine so they wanted me to get some xrays done to be on the safe side.  Apparently there are a wide variety of potential issues in lymph nodes for "women of my age". It was the first time my Dr. has ever discussed my age during an appointment. Between stepping on the scale and the "women of my age" comment.....not the most fun Dr. appointment to date.  Have I really arrived to the point where weight and age are the main concerns for my health?? What happened? When did I get old? I might have to go back to eating cold pizza for breakfast just to make myself feel better. I would suggest a good beer binge....but hangovers last too long nowadays and I have a 3 year old. If you have ever had to deal with a hangover and a 3 year old at the same time....you know what I am taking about. If not....I would never wish this situation on my worst enemy.
    Rant over....back to the story...
During a CT scan they give you a contrast dye via IV, the nurse warned me that alot of people say that when the dye goes in it feels like you pee your pants and not to worry because I won't really pee. Comforting. Well....it's true. As soon as they started the dye, my ears got hot and I felt like I started to pee. One more punch to the ego....feeling like you lose control of your bladder...suppose to happen at 60 not 31.
So I leave the hospital, with a bruised ego, a band aid on my arm, and a hospital wrist band; and head straight to Starbucks for a special little treat to make myself feel better. I get up to the drive thru and my gut instincts are to order a skinny vanilla latte and oatmeal. Low fat, fiber, lower calories. Yes....the old person's combo meal.  I opt for the latte but decide to order the coffee cake instead and I must say....whoever said you could not eat your way to happiness lied.  Granted...this is a once in a blue moon event for me, I boycott Starbucks for political and social reasons, but that cake is awesome! I will be back to my organic cereal, organic skim milk, and free trade coffee tomorrow. Today....bring on the cake!!

1 comment:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

You deserve cake!! Hoping the images come back as clear!