Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

We spent Superbowl Sunday at my sister's house gorging ourselves on way too much food! Not the good kind either....well the good kind but not the healthy kind! We had a great spread though....hot wings, taco dip, guacamole, meatballs, etc. etc. etc. It was fun! We let the kids run wild (through my sister's house thankfully) and relaxed and watched the game. This year I wasn't really excited about either team playing but it was a really good game! My vote for the best commercial was the Doritos Commercial...  It was seriously hilarious!

Sunday I did my first official Mentor Lead Group Training session for the TEAM! It was fun! Since joining the TEAM I have learned to love running company. I never would have said that years ago, but I'm a changed woman. Running with a buddy makes the long runs go by so much faster. Especially when you're running with someone you've just met! Getting to know someone, their story, it's awesome! What is even better is running with someone who is training for a reason! Everyone that I run with has a story, has a reason to raise money to fight cancer, has a reason why something so ridiculous as a marathon sounds appealing. Everyone that I run with is paying it forward and doing a good deed.

I am starting to get really anxious for spring. I want to do a real bare foot run! I am going to recruit my old high school track for the first real bare foot run!  I probably won't get the chance for several more weeks, but I am already excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the warm weather when I can get out on my dirt road again and run barefoot! I'm just not one of the purists that want to freeze my feet off LOL!!

Nikki Kendall said...

Yeah...I like my toes too.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Can't wait to see pics of your first barefoot run when the weather lets you!!