Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Diet Ordeal



Just saying the word "diet" makes me feel hungry and deprived. I hate the word. I try to eat relatively healthy....to be honest I have a horrible sweet tooth and I secretly love potato chips.




I also have completely freaked myself out in regards to alot of food...Thank you Food Inc...Thank you. If you have not seen that movie...go see it, but brace yourself.

I want to eat real food, nothing overly processed or created in a lab. I also want to loose a little bit of weight, not much, just enough to feel strong and fast.


I have read up on a lot of diets. All of which sound great...except Atkins...I like bread waaaaay too much. I have kids and a husband that I cook for who all have to like what I do. I am a fan of the family dining together and I want us to enjoy our dinner together. I work 2 jobs and workout 6 days a week so I need fast, easy, budget friendly meals that will make me loose weight while nourishing our whole family.

So my mission...find a diet that will allow me to trick myself into dieting and loosing weight. I totally have to trick myself into dieting, I get cranky when I am hungry and my hubby won't like me. I like the hubby and would like to keep him.

Fun, easy, tasty recipes wanted!

5 comments:

Pepe Le Pew said...

I don't get it, losing weight? Why? If you're still shooting for your goal of becoming a MILF, I think you nailed it.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I watched that tooo. Eeek. I want to read Pollen's books as well!

I have bee considering vegetarianism and that will likely push me over the edge!

Nikki Kendall said...

@ Pepe...Thanks!

@ Jess....I've been thinking about vegetarianism, I'm re-instating meat-free Monday in our house. I am not convinced I could completley go meat-free though...this is nebraska and I do love a good steak!

Anonymous said...

Food Inc changed my life!

Nikki Kendall said...

@ Mama...me too!