Thursday, February 3, 2011

"All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy"

         It has happened. Winter has officially sucked the life out of me.

         I can't take being inside any more.

         I can't take bundling up myself and small children into winter
          coats any more.




Remember the movie, The Shining, and the wonderfully insane
Jack Nicholson. When I first saw this movie I was too young to fully
appreciate it. Now....It's a favorite of mine. Now....I get it.
Even the snow is tired of being here!

Yesterday was ground hog's day...to be honest I have no idea if the chubby little bastard saw his shadow or not. Phil can get bent.

My friend, the same friend who sent this snowman pic, said she heard an old wives tale that said if it thunders in February then there will be snow in April. All I can say about that....If we actually have a Thunder Snow Storm...I will be in my bunker preparing for the apocalypse.

I realize that this post is kind of a Debbie Downer type of message. I apologize. To end on a more positive note...I had a great run this morning. I kept up a quicker pace, worked hard, and it felt great! Leaving the gym to go into a -3 degree actual temperature is what sucked the spirit right out of me. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for Sunday. I will be leading my first group training session for Team In Training. I am really excited about it...keep your fingers crossed that the weather gods smile on the runners this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! Yeah that bastard! You are FUNNY!!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

You guys are getting slammed! grab some Vitamin D and head to Hawaii soon!!