Monday, November 29, 2010

A weekend full of thanks!

I hosted thanksgiving this year. We baked a 10 pound turkey, fried a 10 Pound turkey, and made all the fixins! This year we also made all organic stuffing and organic sweet potato casserole. We feasted! We put a lot of turkey in the freezer too. I am looking forward to finding some good soup recipes this winter!

On Friday I left with my parents to visit my extended family. I haven't seen my paternal grandmother since my wedding over 5 years ago. She is 91, diabetic, and pretty frail. This weekend was the first time she met my son. Wes kept calling her "my oldest grandma" which is true. Wes got to see all of his great grandparents this weekend. I am so lucky to have 3 grandparents still alive, and still doing well. We really had a great trip! Wes did a phenomenal job! He was so good on the road trip, listened well, and was on his best behavior the whole weekend. I am thankful to have such a wonderful little boy!

No comments: