Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Water Running


As I start training for my triathlon, I have to hit the pool more. So far I have dedicated one of my weekly workouts purely to swimming. Personally, I hate swimming...I love the workout it gives and the cardio endurance you get from it. But unlike running or biking, you can't just zone out while you work out....you'll drown. Trust me, several of my YMCA comrades have had to hear me cough and gag as I remember this fact. So today as I was swimming laps, I decided to strap on a water belt so I could just focus on my arms. Then I flashed back to high school days and remembered running in the pool. So I tried it. Loved it. And now I think I will add it in to my weekly pool routines.  Check out the link below....
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0%2C7120%2Cs6-238-263--5536-2-1-2%2C00.html

1 comment:

jenni said...

I wanna see this... I need a good laugh... I"m SURE it works.. Why wouldn't it.. but I definitely want to see it...