Monday, November 8, 2010

First run post race!!

 We took Wes to see Go Dog Go at the Rose theater on Sunday. It was somone's intrepretation of the book since the book really doesn't have a storyline. Ummmm....well....it kept Wes' interest. Ok, Ok...it was absolutely brutal for Dave and myself. I'm willing to give the Rose another chance, but next time I will select a play with an actual storyline.
I went out on Sunday and got in my first run post race. It felt amazing! It was a perfect day too, a slight breeze, upper 60s, beautiful scenery! I did 3.5 miles and felt wonderful. About an hour after I got home....my foot/heel started to ache. Plantar Fasciitis pain is no joke. So I made an appt. with a podiatrist recommended by my TEAM coach. I have about 6 weeks until training resumes and I want to be in good form so I can be a good mentor. I think I will solely cross train and work on strength for the next 6 weeks and work on strengthening my feet and calves. There are some exercises specifically for plantar fasciitis as well as some stretching that I am going to have to start being more stern about doing on a daily basis. I am going to talk to the Podiatrist about better exercises and night splints to see what her thoughts are.....keep your fingers crossed! I really want to have a good 2011 event year! I have lots planned!!!

No comments: