Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blood, sweat, and more sweat.

I had really good workouts for my last 2! Yesterday I did a Body Pump class and then ran a full mile in my five fingers...furthest to date. I actually kind of got into a zone running in them, it was pretty awesome. I didn't want to stop but I did for the sake of training and soreness prevention. So today, my calves were tight, not sore, just tight. I still opted for a run day on the treadmill since I was feeling pretty confident from yesterday's five finger day.

I have been trying to get a little faster. I am normally a 10-11 minute mile girl so I have been doing my short weekday runs at 9:40. Quick side note, when running on the treadmill the running bible, Runners World Magazine, recommends putting the treadmill at a 1% incline to better replicate running outdoors. Back to my story....so today at mile 3 I realize I forgot to put my incline to 1%. I was cruising along at a 9:40 pace, so I figured if I am not at the right incline then I should push pace. So I ran 1.5 miles at 9:15 and finished my last 1/4 mile sub-9.

And the results....
sweaty....super sweaty.
I am utterly convinced I sweat more than the average woman.
When I look at this picture...all I can hear is Fat Bastard from Austin Powers saying..."look at my sweat-ty tit-tties"

I cleaned up quick and headed to work.

I scheduled a little pre-vacation "me time" tonight, I am getting a facial! Pretty excited about it! I am out of my office all day tomorrow for Red Cross training that I have to have done before I can take my personal training exam. I am still really nervous about the test. I opted to schedule my exam after the red cross training...just in case something should happen. I'm not sure what could happen, but I feel better waiting. Honestly my nerves are getting the best of me. A nice mountain vacation should help with that!! I can not wait until we leave on Friday! I will have some great pictures for the blog!

3 comments:

jenni said...

WTG! Sub9! woohoo.
And yeah - that's um - sweatity..
But so worth the 9min/mi eh!

Happy Frog and I said...

I am in awe as I cannot run at all for some reason. Good for you!

I hope you have a fantastic holiday too. :-)

Pepe Le Pew said...

Whoa! Nice..um...sweat.