Monday, May 2, 2011

May Day Race Day

Yesterday was the Lincoln Half Marathon! I have run 13.1 miles on numerous occasions but I have never raced a half marathon....I seriously had a GREAT race! Great weather, a few windy spots, but nothing major! Sun shine, great crowd! The best part....a finish line on the Husker's 50 yard line at Memorial Stadium.....I mean honestly...could you find a better finish line in Nebraska...I think not! I had hoped to run somewhere close to 2:15:00, when I saw the forecast and the wind estimates (17 mph gusts) I thought I could be happy if I stayed below 2:30:00. When I came busting through that stadium and looked up at the clock I seriously almost peed!!

OFFICIAL RESULTS:

Nikki Kendall Age: 32 Residence: Omaha, NE
15K Split 1:31:04

10K Split 1:00:19

5K SPLIT 30:31

AVE PACE: 9:57 per mile
Overall Finish: 3483 out of 7208

Sex: 1839 out of 4800 Females

AGE GROUP: 384 out of 892 Females in the F30 Age Group

MY FINAL TIME: 2:10:38

I will post pictures as soon as they send them!!

5 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

WOOT!! We had the same weekend - I've run 13.1 miles many times...but never have done an official half marathon race.

You killed it!!

Oh...and I DID pee. I'll have my race report up tomorrow.

CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB VERY VERY WELL DONE INDEED!

Alexandre said...

Like this bolg will then follow in my too:

http://benficaindestrutivel.blogspot.com/

AJ said...

a BIG Congratulations! This is a great achievement. Marathons always mean the best of fitness that is required and completing a half marathon or a marathon means that the person surely has it. Such a great feeling it must be.

I too have a wish to run a marathon some day.

Congrats to you again!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Look at what I've missed! What an awesome job!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

CONGRATULATIONS NIKKI! SO proud of you!!