Monday, May 9, 2011

Campground Bad-Asses

We went camping this weekend with The Carter Clan....which is always awesome. They brought their boat, they threw on their wetsuits and went skiing. Dave and I marveled at their skills and overall craziness considering how cold the water is the first weekend in MAY!
I have successfully convinced Jenn Carter to not only do a sprint triathlon with me but to also join up with TEAM In Training and run a full marathon with me in October in San Francisco. She kinda rocks!
We did our first true brick work out this weekend..... a 10 mile ride followed by a 2 mile fun...

AND WE OWNED IT!!


This weekend we decided to bust out a little wine after the kids went to sleep.

We ended up going through a ridiculous amount of sangria....literally!
We decorated our glasses with oranges, cherries, kiwi, and even tried fresh mango. The fresh mango wasn't as great as we had hoped but after a couple of classes, none of us cared.

Perfect weather, good wine, great company, and the kiddo even slept in!
Awesome weekend!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm Sangria!!!!!!!

Happy Frog and I said...

I do love Sangria, haven't had it for ages. May well treat myself this weekend. Glad you had a lovely time. :-)

Olga said...

You have awakened a feeling of certainty in me - a certainty that I must make some Sangria this weekend :)