Monday, April 25, 2011

Taper week

Hope every-bunny had a good Easter Weekend. Personally....I ate waaaaaay to much...and enjoyed every minute of it.
Wes was incredibly excited for the Easter Bunny to come to our house. We searched for eggs, went out to breakfast, lunch at my in-laws, and dinner with my laws aka Mom and Dad. We ate a lot of ham.


I am really excited how becoming a personal trainer is all starting to work out! I have been given the opportunity to train out of a private studio and have already gathered some interest! My brother-in-law is building me a website,  my Dad is going to look over my business plan and I had a great conversation with the hub-ster about running "my business" Dave had some great input and is willing to help me out on the technical side of things. Plus, my best girlfriend is willing to be a guinea pig for me for the next few weeks before I am "open for business". 

This week is a taper week in our training. The Lincoln Half Marathon is on Sunday, so minimal workouts this week. I am planning a swim tomorrow and I teach a spin class on Wednesday. That is all I am doing pre-race. I have to say....I am already going a little stir crazy. My body just feels antsy without a workout. I just feel icky and achy when I don't hit the gym. I know it's for the best and I know it will help on Sunday.

Who would have thought that not working out would have been the hardest part of training???

3 comments:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

GOOD LUCK NIKKI!! My bestie is running the half too!

I can't wait for you to run it--I I know you got this!!!!!

A Prelude To... said...

So many people doing races next weekend! Try to enjoy your taper.

I'm totally in awe of your dedication and quick decisive work on moving on with your personal training business!! I will be watching you even more closely over the coming months as I try to emulate you!!

Nikki Kendall said...

@ Jess: Thanks!! I am super excited!

@ Julie: You are too sweet! Thank you!