Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monster Feet

I went and saw a podiatrist today. They were great. They let Wes push to button for my x-rays and printed off a sheet of one and told him he could take a picture of my feet to school with him. When he got the picture, he gasped and said to me..."those are your monster feet". I hope it was because it was a skeleton not the fact that I have ugly feet. I got a steroid shot in my heel, a new pair of inserts, a RX for an anti- inflammatory, and an RX for no running for 2 weeks. She said that she thought I would be perfectly fine for race day and that I had plenty of time to heal up and train up for before the big day! SO I will be hitting the gym, big time, for some cross training. Today I did 90 minutes on the elliptical machine. I recruited a buddy and have several spin classes planned too. The goal with cross training is to do the activity for the same amount of time as it would take you to do your run. So I did the elliptical for 90 minutes since I had a 9 mile day scheduled and I run around a 10:30 min mile pace. In other words, I will move into the gym Saturday morning since I have a 17 mile run scheduled. UGH!

1 comment:

jenni said...

THREE hrs in the gym Saturday??!!! Good Grief!