Friday, September 3, 2010

Fall is in the Air

Tonight we went to my former high school's football game. It was a big rivalry game, Millard South vs Millard West. It was fun. We only stayed through the first half because Wes was ready for bed. But it was a good game! Tomorrow is the first Husker game as well! We talked my sister into getting the game and having people over to her house! I made cookies, salted nut bars, and Dave is making wings! Yuh-um! We are also going over to one of Dave's co-workers in the afternoon as well. Oh yeah...did I mention a 15 mile run tomorrow morning?!?!?!?

I have decided to have a necklace designed so I can carry Eric's ashes with me during my race. I ordered it tonight. It is a heart shaped urn that has two chambers to hold ashes that will have his name engraved in its center.  I am doing this in his memory so I figured I should have him with me while I do it. The difficult part for me in all of this is that I have to fill the urn myself. The company I ordered the necklace from provides everything to make the mechanical part of the process easy, but it is not the mechanical part I am worried about.

No comments: