Friday, August 19, 2011

Making Peace With The Treadmill


I think it has happened. I think I am finally at peace with running on the treadmill. How do I know.....I successfully did 8.5 miles on the treadmill today and it didn't suck.



 I guess it started while training for a May half marathon......too cold and windy for many outdoor runs. During this race I wanted to work on speed and found it nice to track my speed workouts with a little more ease on the treadmill. 







Now that I am doing a marathon in San Francisco I am finding the treadmill useful in hill training.  I like that the treadmill forces me to maintain my pace while I play with the incline. A very useful training tool!


Anyone else forced to "make peace" with the treadmill?

What are your favorite treadmill workouts?



3 comments:

Olga said...

Good luck with your training! Don't strain yourself too much! Remember that we are cheering for you :)

Happy Frog and I said...

I'm so in awe of how much you have accomplished and you continue to do. I wouldn't last five minutes on a treadmill, I had trouble running for a bus this afternoon. x

Hercules sport said...

Thanks for sharing excellent information. Your site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this blog. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Treadmills India